So, I complained a lot yesterday, but today, lots of good things happened:
- My car survived another day, and with only a minimum of driving 45mph on the highway because it won't shift above third gear. In fact, on the way home on its final run o' the day, it SHIFTED NORMALLY on the highway! Reason for celebration indeed! Tomorrow, it goes into the shop for one last ditch effort on affordable repair. If this fails, I'm toast, so if you're the prayin' type, throw one up there for me. If not, cross your fingers ALL DAY TOMORROW.
- I had a good interview. I think that as soon as any kind of work opens up at that school, I will have some of it, and that is awesome, because I need to cram some experience up into my teaching CV, and the good lord knows I NEED A JOB!
- My interview happened to be right next door to my favorite girly costume shop, and I also just happened to have some store credit left over from some Christmas returns, so I bought a new pretty skirt, despite the fact that I am flat freaking broke! That's always good, right girls?
- My little monkey got 100% plus 5 bonus points on a Physiology test, which is now displayed on our refrigerator for all to see. Go, Monkey! (He's so clever. He's really the cleverest and most handsome monkeyboy in the world.)
- I cooked the best roasted chicken EVER, using the awesome new cookbook my brother gave me for Christmas. Seriously people, it was some world champion roasted chicken. I was very proud of it.
- The gas serviceman came over and fixed our heater, which hasn't been working for almost a week, causing us to freeze our tahooties off at night. My monkey and I have been cozied up with every blanket in the house, all of our clothing and HATS on at night, because we are thin-blooded California sissies, and it's been cold. No more. The heater is going like gang-busters.
- I found out that my beloved uncle is coming down from Seattle for a guitar show, and I will see him as soon as I return from Salt Lake City, where, sources tell me, the par-tay is on! Yeah!
Not bad. Of course, I'm sure that I'll find more shit to cry about soon, but I have to admit that today was a pretty good day. I didn't even have to use my AK.