Well, I got rid of my car. I am SO HAPPY that I will never see that bitch EVER AGAIN. However, since I still live in Los Angeles, and will do for awhile yet, I've been forced to trade it in for another vehicle, and I want you all to know that I DID NOT TRADE UP. For the final 6 months of my glorious tenure in the City of Angels, I will be driving this supremely grody Nissan POS:
This glamorous vehicle is a 1993 Nissan Sentra. Can you believe it had to be red, of all colors? I hate red cars.
In this picture, the trunk is open because the inside of it is all wet, for some reason (I shudder to think WHAT reason) as is the floor in the backseat of the car, and it SMELLS TOTALLY GROSS; especially when combined with the smell of the gallons and gallons of Armour All they used to shine up the dashboard and every other interior surface. I'm not kidding you when I say that it's a pretty frightful odor. I've got to air that shit out.
I'm especially proud of this part. This is the lame plastic steering wheel cover I had to get, to cover up the revolting, Armour All-coated steering wheel, because it was totally sticky. I figured, as long as I'm going to pimp my ride with a plastic steering wheel cover, I might as well go with red. I also got some beautiful rubbery floor mats, and some super elegant polyester velour seat covers. Dudes, my ride is PIMPED. All I need now are some spinners, a sub-woofer, and an X-Box system, and I bet Adrien would always say "You know what, babe? Let's take your car."
Here's a close up of my totally cherry paint job. Oh yeah, baby. That is H.O.T.
And this is my self-portrait, me and the palm trees, reflected in the rear window, underneath the hood of my new rig. I'm breathing some serious fumes to bring you this picture, and I AM LOVING IT. As much as I am complaining about this car, though, it does have some distinct advantages:
- The heater and defroster work. Now, when I get up in the morning to drive my monkey to school, we don't have to dress for the arctic, even though we live in Southern California. Also, I can use the defroster such that I can actually SEE out the WINDOW. Big Plus.
- I may have traded in my 12 CD changer with remote control, but dudes, I am gaining a TAPE DECK. I can listen to my Czech course on tape ALL DAY LONG now, and yesterday, I scored me some Michael Penn and Linda Ronstadt. Tapes are only 99 cents! Who knew?!
- The air-conditioner works. This way, when it hots up around here, as it inevitably does in LA, I will be able to roll up all the windows, trap that luscious smell in with me, and crank up the refrigeration!
- When I bang the doors into the walls of my narrow driveway, I JUST DON'T CARE. There's freedom in just not caring. I like it.
- Trading down like this, from my relatively nice car to this POS, made me feel like I'm really taking steps to blow this popsicle stand. Prague, I'll be there soon!
- Mostly, people, IT DRIVES. There's nothing I love more about my new rig. Having a car that drives is definitely the way to go, as long as you're going that way.