In lieu of my having anything at all, really, to say, here's a round up on the latest shenanigans:
- Last week I had to take the train from Hollywood to LAX to pick up my little monkey from the airport. He'd been off in Our Nation's Capital looking for the Prez to give him a special message from me... oh yeah, and he stopped off at his Nana's house, too, while he was at it. On the way down to the airport, I took a few pictures of beautiful South Central Los Angeles, and considered the possibility that I really am a Socialist.
- For the record, this does not at all reflect my feelings for Steven M. Yedlin, who is without a doubt, the handsomest man I personally know... and the best. People (and Steve), believe me when I tell you that I mean that in the most maudlin, sentimental way possible.
- A little bit of pool was played this past weekend at The Scene Bar in bitchin' downtown Glendale. While my superfly brother looked tuff and mixed up the booze, extra-beloved jet-setting librarian Jason did his best to wield his stick, but it was my red hot mama of a sister who had all the game.
- Jason, this one's for you.
- The handsomest and best man I know introduced us all to the coolest old Hollywood bar in Koreatown called The Prince (scroll down), where you can see this guy. Hollywood mega-stud, and self-proclaimed President of Showbiz, Mr. RC Johnso, threw us a bone, gave us a thrill and deigned to have one drink with us. Oh frabjous day!
- While we're on the topic of The Prince, if anyone has any insight into this, I am on the edge of my proverbial seat. Jason had this to say, and believe me when I tell you that I am only barely restraining myself from a laundry list of inappropriate jokes.
- You'll all be glad to know that while it has not actually subsided, and despite the fact that I've witnessed a truly delightful act of masculine prowess from that quarter in the past week, The Crush is getting easier to bear. I will survive.
- In thematically related news, the Marine called me. What's the procedure in these situations? Help!
- If I'm lucky, I will get my car back tomorrow. Yes, it has taken THIS LONG. We are not even going to talk about how much it's going to cost.
- Finally, I've just learned that my brother and his lovely lady are getting married. In his own words: "She's a menace, but I love her. Whaddaya gonna do?" Oh yeah, baby. It would be impossible to apprehend in words how much I love my brother and wish both him and Melinda every single possible happiness in the entire galaxy, but then, I think he already knows how much.
And that, my friends, is the way we roll around here.